The Development Finance Corporation (DFC) invites applications from suitably qualified individuals to join its Executive Management Team at its Headquarters Office in Belmopan, Belize.
Download Job Description:
The successful candidate will serve as the Chief Risk Officer (CRO), and will be tasked to operationalize the Risk Management Unit (RMU) and ensure the implementation of an enterprise wide risk management framework, consistent with DFC’s strategic and operational objectives. The CRO will ensure sustainable business practices of the DFC through the independent identification, measurement, assessment, controlling and/or mitigating, and reporting of all significant risks to which the Corporation is exposed to.
Headquarters, Belmopan, Cayo District.
Major Responsibilities include:
- Develop and recommend to the Board of Directors, an appropriate risk management framework, inclusive of the RMU organizational structure, policies and procedures.
- Establish the RMU by overseeing the recruitment and training of staff.
- Lead the implementation of enterprise wide risk methodologies and rating models.
- Advise on the strategic direction of the DFC by participating in, and where necessary, leading the development of strategic and business plans.
Academic Requirement, Experience and Competencies include:
- M.Sc. in Finance or Economics or other quantitative field.
- At least five years of managerial experience with at least three years at a senior management level, preferably in a financial institution.
- Experience in loan underwriting/credit appraisal.
- Understanding DFC’s role as a development bank, including the propensity for higher risks, and its implication on risk management.
- Must be results-oriented, analytical and self-motivated.
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary and benefits are negotiable.
Submit an Application Package which references the position title, and includes a Letter of Application, curriculum vitae, copy of most recent qualification and three Letters of References (no older than six months) – two of which must be professional references – to:
Development Finance Corporation
P.O. Box 40
RE: APPLICATION FOR VACANCY –
ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER, RISK MANAGEMENT
Submission & Deadline
Applications may be submitted electronically by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org and followed by the original copy via mail.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS March 21, 2018