The Development Finance Corporation (DFC) is accepting applications for the position of a Credit Officer (Dangriga Branch)
To evaluate and recommend approval of loan applications, and supervises loan implementation. The Credit Officer serves as liaison between customers and the Corporation.
The duty station is in Dangriga, however the position is transferrable to any of the Corporation’s Branch Offices.
Major Responsibilities include:
- To provide efficient and timely loan delivery services.
- To appraise, implement and manage developmental loans in accordance with the Corporation’s policies and procedures.
- To conduct property appraisals for properties offered as loan collateral.
- To assist applicants in developing sound business plans within DFC’s guidelines.
- Actively promote the financial services available through the Corporation.
- Attend meetings, workshops and seminars on subject matters related to, and relevant to sectors of the economy of Belize for which DFC provides credit facilities for.
Academic Requirement, Experience and Competencies include:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture, Agricultural Economics, Agri-business or related field.
- At least three years of experience in the appraisal and implementation of development loans.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications – MS Word, MS Excel
- Must have strong initiative, be results-oriented, analytical and self-motivated
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Team oriented and possess a positive attitude
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently, as required. This requires the possession of a privately owned motor vehicle and valid driver’s license.
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary is competitive and will be commensurate with the qualification and experience of the selected candidate. Benefits include coverage under the Group Health and Life Insurance Scheme, Pension/Savings Plan Scheme, Annual Vacation Grant, and opportunities for professional development through the Corporation’s Annual Training and Development Plan, among others.
Submit a cover letter referencing the job title, curriculum vitae, copy of most recent qualification and three references – two of which must be professional references – (names / contact numbers) to:
Manager, Human Resources and General Affairs
Development Finance Corporation
P.O. Box 40
RE: APPLICATION FOR VACANCY –
CREDIT OFFICER (DANGRIGA BRANCH)
Submission & Deadline
Applications may be submitted electronically by e-mail to: email@example.com and followed by the original copy via mail.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS August 31, 2017