Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (RE/EE) investments save your business money and increases competitiveness by reducing long-term operational costs. Your business will be able to access technical support through the DFC to assess current energy consumption costs and project future cost savings.
Eligible RE/EE Investments:
- Air Cooling / Refrigeration
- Solar Panels / Wind turbines
- Solar Water heating / drying
- Alternative Fuels
- LED Lighting
- Low Flow Technology
- Water Catchment & Recycling
- Building Envelopes
- Belize Citizens, Residents, Legal Entities w/Belizean
- Majority Shareholding
- Credit Worthy
- Minimum 20% Equity Contribution
- Financially Viable Operations
Loan Term & Conditions
- Interest Rate not to exceed 6%.
- Interest on the Reducing Balance
- Payback Period determined by energy audit but not to exceed 6 years.
- Grace Period dependent on implementation but not to exceed 1 year.
- Debt Servicing through savings generated by the RE/EE Technology.