The Development Finance Corporation (DFC) is Belize’s only Development Bank. Our Board of Directors and Staff are strongly committed to our mandate to provide development financing and related services which contribute to the sustainable growth of the Belizean economy, and to our vision of transforming DFC into a world-class financial institution.
DOWNLOAD THE JOB DESCRIPTION
The Administrative Clerk is responsible for providing administrative support to the San Pedro Branch. He/she proactively supports the Officer in Charge by performing clerical tasks to support the daily operations of the Branch, handles cash transactions and delivers exceptional customer service.
The position is available on a contractual basis for one year.
Education & Experience
- An Associate’s Degree in Accounting/Business Administration or related field
- At least two years of experience providing administrative services
Required Skills & Abilities
- Excellent communication skills and strong inter-personal and public relations skills
- Must have initiative, be results-oriented and self-motivated
- Excellent planning and organizational skills (will be required to juggle multiple and unexpected priorities as normal part of responsibilities)
- Team-oriented and possess a positive attitude
- General knowledge of the Corporation’s activities
- Must be attentive to details
- Excellent time management skills
- Reliable and punctual
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications
- High ethical standards and uncompromising sense of integrity
- Being bilingual in English and Spanish would be an asset
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Assist the Sub-Branch with the preparation of Letters of Loan Offers, and thereafter liaise with the officer to request the preparation of legal documents.
- Monitor, respond and log all inquiries submitted on the Student Portal and online enquiries
- Assist with monitoring the accounts in one (1) month arrears.
4. Act as Relief Cashier – Collect monies (both cash and cheques) on behalf of the Corporation and issue a valid DFC receipt for all monies collected in accordance with the Corporation’s accounting policies
5. Greet customers in a prompt, pleasant, and courteous manner
6. Efficiently operate the telephone system; answer the telephone and route calls immediately
7. Efficiently receive and dispatch mail
Submit an Application in ONE PDF File with references. Application includes the following:
- Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of most recent qualification
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation (no older than six months) – two must be professional references, of which one must be from a previous employer.
- Copy of Social Security Card
The successful candidate will be required to provide a Police Report as part of the Background Check.
SUBMIT COMPLETE APPLICATION IN ONE PDF FILE PACKAGE TO:
Development Finance Corporation
P.O. Box 40, Belmopan
RE: APPLICATION FOR VACANCY: ‘ADMINISTRATIVE CLERK’
September 17, 2023