The Development Finance Corporation (DFC) is Belize’s only Development Bank. Our Board of Directors and Staff are strongly committed to our mandate to provide development financing and related services which contribute to the sustainable growth of the Belizean economy, and to our vision of transforming DFC into a world-class financial institution.
DFC is looking for an experienced and ambitious Branch Manager who will be responsible for the overall management of the branch operations inclusive of a loan portfolio, generating new business in support of the Corporation’s annual objectives, to lead and develop a high performance team and to manage customer relations. Represents DFC in local community through active participation in community affairs and participates in marketing of the Corporation’s products and services.
Applicants should have a good combination of analytical and communication skills as well as the ability to adapt to a constantly evolving business landscape. The ideal candidate should be excited about building a great team and establishing a good rapport with new and existing customers as well as the Community. We’re specifically looking for natural leaders who know what it takes to guide a team to success!
The duty station is in Dangriga Town, however, the position is transferrable to any of the Corporation’s branch offices.
Download Job Description:
The Branch Manager is required to possess a combination of specified educational qualification(s) and related experience and skills. As a trusted member of DFC’s Team he/she is also required to demonstrate a leadership presence, a sound understanding of development banking, and a high level of integrity and emotional intelligence. He/she is required to always act in good faith and in the interest of the Corporation, and avoid Conflicts of Interest.
Key Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Oversee the general operations of the Branch ensuring the office is open and ready to conduct business each business day as well as the safety and security of customers, employees and branch assets by following and enforcing all security procedures.
- Provide direction to employees by effectively communicating job expectations, evaluating job performance, determining training needs and provide training, coaching, counseling, address disciplinary issues and recognizing employees.
- Serve as the bridge between branch employees and Management and meet regularly to share the branch’s objectives and performance, organize loan activity efforts, communicate company-wide changes and resolve issues to optimize branch performance and employee engagement.
- Process loan applications; approve or reject loan requests and disbursements within delegated authority.
- Review loan applications above delegated authority and recommend approval to higher authority
- Manage the branch’s loan portfolio and effect measures within approved policies to ensure loan portfolio quality consistent with the key performance indicators.
- Provide existing and potential customers with appropriate levels of advice, including technical assistance either directly or through third parties.
- Develop the branch’s annual objectives and budgets and monitor performance. Implement the Branch’s marketing plan to meet annual goals and targets.
- Maintain up-to-date Disaster Contingency Plan for the Branch including current employee information.
- Monitor the Branch’s cash accounts, authorize payments and cheques within delegated authority.
- Ensure the Branch balances and updates all transactions at close of each business cycle.
- Maintain a strong, visible and positive presence in the community through involvement in community events and associations.
- Other related duties.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Finance, Economics or related field
- Managerial experience (at least five years) as a bank manager or similar role.
- At least five years of experience in loan underwriting (Experience in management of developmental loans/projects would be an asset)
- Certificate in Supervisory Management along with at least three (3) years of experience in effectively leading people.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of DFC’s role as a development bank and its contribution to national economic development.
- Superior communication skills – written, verbal, and inter-personal
- Mature and independent in judgment
- Results driven and customer focused
- Strong analytical skills
- Leadership and human resources management skills
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; and familiar with new channels used for mass communication.
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently, as required. This requires the possession of a privately owned motor vehicle and valid driver’s license.
- Working knowledge of Spanish
Salary & Attractive benefits Package
Salary is negotiable based on established Salary Scales. The DFC offers an attractive benefits package which includes, FREE Group Health and Life Insurance coverage, participation in a Contributory Retirement Savings Plan, and other fringe benefits.
Submit an Application Package which references the position title, and include the following:
- Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of most recent qualification
- Three (3) Letters of References (no older than six months) – two of which must be professional references
- Copy of Social Security Card
- Police Record (no older than six months)
Human Resources and General Affairs
Development Finance Corporation
P.O. Box 40, Belmopan
RE: APPLICATION FOR VACANCY
(BRANCH MANAGER, SOUTH)
SUBMISSION & DEADLINE
Applications may be submitted electronically by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org and followed by the original copy via mail.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS April 19, 2019