The Development Finance Corporation (DFC) is Belize’s only Development Bank. Our Board of Directors and Staff are strongly committed to our mandate to provide development financing and related services which contribute to the sustainable growth of the Belizean economy, and to our vision of transforming DFC into a world-class financial institution.
The DFC is looking for an experienced and outstanding Loans Monitoring Clerk. A Loans Monitoring Clerk provides support to the Risk Management Division by administering an assigned loan portfolio to reduce delinquency, and attain annual loan collection targets and corporate objectives.
The duty station is at the Orange Walk Branch.
Download Job Description:
- Manage an assigned portfolio with a view to thoroughly investigate the accounts and files to determine the loan status and take the necessary course of recovery action.
- Interview clients on matters pertaining to delinquency and loan recovery.
- Administer the assigned loan portfolio in accordance with the Corporation’s Credit Administration Policies.
- Undertake annual reviews of assigned accounts to ensure that properties offered as collateral are adequately maintained and insured accordingly.
- Conduct property appraisals projects.
- Assist with the preparation of loan recovery documentation.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- AN Associates Degree in Business Administration, Agriculture or related field.
- At least 2 years of experience in Loan Portfolio Management.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Superior communication skills – written, verbal, and inter-personal. The incumbent must display a positive attitude and the ability to interact professionally and effectively with customers and employees at all levels.
- Ability to interpret and analyze financial data to evaluate client repayment proposals.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and Outlook; and familiar with new channels used for mass communication.
- Ability to focus on the details and apply critical thinking techniques.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently, as required. This requires the possession of a privately owned motor vehicle and valid driver’s license.
- Understanding DFC’s role as a development bank and its mandate to shape Belize’s economic and social landscape.
- High ethical standards and uncompromising sense of integrity.
Salary & Attractive benefits Package
Salary is negotiable based on established Salary Scales. The DFC offers an attractive benefits package which includes, FREE Group Health and Life Insurance coverage, participation in a Contributory Retirement Savings Plan, and other fringe benefits.
Submit an Application Package which references the position title, and include the following:
- Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of most recent qualification
- Three (3) Letters of References (no older than six months) – two of which must be professional references
Human Resources and General Affairs
Development Finance Corporation
P.O. Box 40, Belmopan
RE: APPLICATION FOR VACANCY
Loans Monitoring Clerk – Orange Walk Branch
SUBMISSION & DEADLINE
Applications may be submitted electronically by e-mail to: email@example.com and followed by the original copy via mail.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS June 10, 2019