The Development Finance Corporation (DFC) is Belize’s only Development Bank. Our Board of Directors and Staff are strongly committed to our mandate to provide development financing and related services which contribute to the sustainable growth of the Belizean economy, and to our vision of transforming DFC into a world-class financial institution.
DOWNLOAD THE JOB DESCRIPTION
The Portfolio Officer assists the Sr. Portfolio Officer with the efficient management of a loan portfolio comprising of the most complex and highest risk loans.
HEADQUARTER OFFICE, BELMOPAN
Qualifications & Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business Administration, or related field
- At least three (3) years of experience in loan underwriting and portfolio management.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of DFC’s role as a development bank and its contribution to national economic development.
- Superior communication skills- written, verbal, and interpersonal
- Customer focused
- Strong analytical skills and results-driven.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Demonstrate a mature and professional approach and presence
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications
- Able to maintain a high level of confidentiality and ethical behavior
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently, as required. This requires the possession of a privately owned motor vehicle and a valid driver’s license.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- To undertake daily reviews of the assigned loan portfolio and ensure appropriate action on all delinquent loans.
- To assist with the preparation of monthly loan portfolio statistical data by sector, and conduct loan portfolio analysis, and makerecommendations to guide the loan collection effort.
- Conduct project supervision activities for assigned loans.
- To establish mechanisms for monitoring client submissions.
- Review and analyze client submissions including financial reports.
- Conduct collateral administration for assigned projects in accordance with the Corporation’s Collateral Administration Policy.
7. Negotiating new terms with customers who have fallen behind on payments or whose financial situation has changed.
8. To review and evaluate proposals from delinquent clients and make recommendations or take decisions.
9. Initiate the loan recovery process for all delinquent accounts in accordance with the Corporation’s Loan Recovery Policy.
10. Provide training and guidance to Relationship Staff and other employees as it relates to credit monitoring and portfolio management as the Corporation requires.
11. Assist Relationship Staff in loan workouts, supervision visits and/or attend meetings with clients for the more complex cases as the need arises.
12. Assist with interviewing potential customer(s) to determine their eligibility to borrow within the prescribed guidelines.
13. As appropriate, conduct field investigations for the purpose of gathering adequate information and data for credit analysis and documentation in a credit (appraisal) report.
Submit an Application Package that references the position title, and include the following:
- Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of most recent qualification
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation (no older than six months) – two must be professional references and of which one must be from a previous employer.
- Copy of Social Security Card
- The successful candidate will be required to provide a Police Report as part of the Background Check
SUBMIT COMPLETE APPLICATION PACKAGE TO:
Development Finance Corporation
P.O. Box 40, Belmopan
RE: APPLICATION FOR CAREER OPPORTUNITY – “PORTFOLIO OFFICER’
September 24, 2023