The Development Finance Corporation (DFC) is Belize’s only Development Bank. Our Board of Directors and Staff are strongly committed to our mandate to provide development financing and related services which contribute to the sustainable growth of the Belizean economy, and to our vision of transforming DFC into a world-class financial institution.
The Receptionist/Cashier is responsible for greeting visitors, handling cash transactions and delivering exceptional customer service assistance. He/she performs other clerical and administrative tasks to support daily operations of the Branch.
DOWNLOAD JOB DESCRIPTION
DUTY STATION – Belize City Branch
Qualifications & Experience
- An Associate’s Degree in Business Administration or Accounting
- At least two years of related work experience handling cash
- Receives visitors to the Corporation, determines the purpose of each visit, and directs them accordingly.
- Answers, screens, and directs phone calls to staff; take messages and schedules appointments.
- Collects monies on behalf of the Corporation and issues receipts.
- Prepares payment vouchers, disbursements, online payments, and bank deposits.
- Prepares bank reconciliation for bank account.
- Performs filing and record keeping.
- Receives and dispatch mails; distributes items.
- Performs other administrative and clerical support tasks.
Required Skills & Abilities
- Excellent communication skills – written, verbal, and interpersonal. The incumbent must display a positive attitude and the ability to interact professionally and effectively with visitors and employees at all levels.
- Excellent planning and organization skills.
- Basic understanding of accounting principles.
- Team-oriented and possess a positive attitude
- Must be attentive to details.
- Reliable and punctual.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications.
- High ethical standards and uncompromising sense of integrity.
- Working knowledge of Spanish would be an asset.
Application Package in one PDF file must include the following:
- Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of most recent qualification
- Three (3) Letters of References (no older than six months) – two of which must be professional references
- Copy of Social Security Card
- Police record (no older than six months)
The successful candidate will be required to provide a Police Report as part of the Background Check.
Submit Completed Application Package APPLICATION FOR CAREER OPPORTUNITY – “RECEPTIONIST/CASHIER” to:
Development Finance Corporation
P.O. Box 40, Belmopan
RE: APPLICATION FOR CAREER OPPORTUNITY – RECEPTIONIST/ CASHIER
November 17, 2023