The Development Finance Corporation (DFC) is Belize’s only Development Bank. Our Board of Directors and Staff are strongly committed to our mandate to provide development financing and related services which contribute to the sustainable growth of the Belizean economy, and to our vision of transforming DFC into a world-class financial institution.
The Relationship Officer is the first level of customer interaction who is responsible for creating and maintaining client relationships. The Relationship Officer is responsible for developing new business, evaluating and recommending approval of loan applications, as well as maintaining an existing portfolio. A Relationship Officer represents DFC in the local community through active participation in community affairs and participates in marketing the Corporation’s products and services.
DOWNLOAD JOB DESCRIPTION
DUTY STATION – Dangriga Branch
Qualifications & Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Agricultural Economics, Agriculture or related field.
- At least three (3) years’ experience in the appraisal, implementation and management of loans. (Experience in developmental loans/projects would be an advantage)
- Generate new customer leads through various channels.
- Achieve monthly targets relating to loan approvals, disbursements, portfolio quality and growth.
- Conduct property valuations for properties offered as loan collateral.
- Ensure that properties held as collateral are adequately insured.
- Ensure customer satisfaction through regular and timely engagement.
- When necessary and justifiable, initiate appropriate loan servicing actions / recommendations in relation to individual borrowers.
- Actively promote the Corporation’s financial services.
Required Skills & Abilities
- Superior communication skills – ability to receive and convey written and verbal information effectively with customers and employees at all levels.
- Customer service-oriented – must be able to display positive attitudes and behaviors, which demonstrate an awareness and willingness to respond to and meet customer’s needs, requirements and expectations.
- Ability to interpret and analyze financial data to originate sound loans as well as to maintain a performing portfolio.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and Outlook; and familiar with new channels used for mass communication.
- Ability to focus on the details and apply critical thinking techniques.
- Working knowledge of Spanish.
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently, as required. This requires the possession of a privately owned motor vehicle and valid driver’s license.
- Understanding DFC’s role as a development bank and its mandate to shape Belize’s economic and social landscape.
- High ethical standards and uncompromising sense of integrity.
Application Package in one PDF file must include the following:
- Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of most recent qualification
- Three (3) Letters of References (no older than six months) – two of which must be professional references
- Copy of Social Security Card
The successful candidate will be required to provide a Police Report as part of the Background Check.
SUBMIT COMPLETE APPLICATION PACKAGE APPLICATION FOR CAREER OPPORTUNITY – “RELATIONSHIP OFFICER” TO:
Development Finance Corporation
P.O. Box 40, Belmopan
RE: APPLICATION FOR CAREER OPPORTUNITY – RELATIONSHIP OFFICER
November 17, 2023