The Development Finance Corporation (DFC) is actively monitoring the rapid developments and advisories issued by our health and other national authorities with respect to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. The health and safety of our employees, customers, and communities are of utmost priority. Our response includes measures to protect our employees and customers, which are aligned with public health initiatives aimed at preventing and eventually containing the spread of the disease.
DFC has taken the following initial precautionary measures at all our Offices:
- Arranged to accept loan applications and conduct interviews and other loan activities via phone, WhatsApp, Skype and email.
- Established a forum to keep employees informed on developments and measures.
- Heightened sanitation procedures with emphasis on points of contact with the public.
- Made available hand sanitizers for use by employees and customers.
- Placed posters on personal mitigation measures, such as hygienic practices.
We ask our Customers to follow the recommendations below, as far as possible:
- Contact us by phone, through our website or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Instant message us via www.facebook.com/dfcbelize
- Students can apply for education loans online at https://apply.dfcbelize.org
- Make payments online through Belize Bank, Scotia Bank, Atlantic Bank and Heritage Bank. Please call us or see here for our banking details.
- When visiting our offices, please join us in practicing recommended hygiene measures.
- If you have flu-like symptoms or have been in contact with someone who has, or have travelled to an area affected by the disease, kindly contact us via electronic means.
We remain vigilant and will develop our response as circumstances change and in line with the national response and recommendations by the competent authorities. At this time, our opening hours remain unchanged and we will inform you if there is any change in our normal operations. As a financial service institution, DFC is committed to working with our customers as they navigate through these difficult times. Please contact us to discuss how we can help.
We all have a role to play in preventing and controlling the spread of this disease and we are dependent on each other for our protection. Together we can and will overcome the potential adverse social and economic effects of this emergency of international concern.
We appreciate your business, understanding and collaboration at this time.
For Videos and Images on COVID 19, visit our Resource Center here.