$5,000 to $40,000 for improving or expanding your small business.
- MSE Loan amount = $5,000 to $40,000
- Interest rate = 10% to 13% for loans between $5K and $40K (Interest is on the Reducing balance for the life of the loan)
- New Startups with a strong business proposal and;
- Existing, successful small businesses that want to expand or open a new type of business in order to diversify.
- Loans can be used for business development or expansion needs, purchasing of machinery or equipment, vehicles (including boats) used for business purposes (excluding taxis) / Working Capital / Retail trade /Services Related to the Productive Sector / Construction of small outlets to facilitate SME Operations / Cottage Industries
- Contribution: DFC provides up to 80% of the total project cost. The borrower is required to provide 20% of the project cost.
- Loan Term: Maximum 5 years (60 months)
- Business Plan (Click here to download a template)
- Loan Security
- 20% contribution – New Borrower OR
- 15% contribution – 3x Repeat borrower
- Financial Records
- Proof of Income: Job letter & 2 most recent Pay Slips OR Income Statement if self-employed
- Documents – Any relevant permits, licenses etc.
- 18 years or older.
- Photo ID: Social Security Card or Passport
- Must be Belizean, Legal Resident or Company with majority Belizean shareholding
For professionally business development support contact the Small Business Development Center (SBDC – BELTRAIDE)
LOAN SECURITY REQUIRED
- $5K to $20K = 1 or 2 Guarantors
- Above $20 K = Real Estate required
- DFC provides loans on the strength of the Guarantor meaning if 1 guarantor is capable of securing a loan up to $20,000, then only 1 guarantor would be required.
WHY YOU SHOULD GET YOUR LOAN FROM DFC
- We work with you and help your business through challenging times.
- We Provide FREE Business Project Assessment (Save $1,000s)
- Free Property Appraisal! (Save $100s to $1,000s!)
- We are Honest and upfront with you! – No Hidden Fees!
Provide some initial info and we will contact you to explore further.
Learn more about the Belize Chamber of Commerce & Industry. Become a member today!