DFC Special Education Program is geared towards those students who are in less fortunate positions in life but who have the ability and will to pursue Vocational Studies or Higher Education.
Loans Available to:
- Member of household with annual income under $15,000 at date of application.
- Member of Household with High Dependency Ratio
- Member of Vulnerable group (E.g. children with disabled or poor parents) or:
- Member of household benefiting from a social assistance program
- At-Risk Groups. (Reside in a high crime rate area)
- Loans up to $20,000
- for Tertiary or Vocational Studies
- 8% Interest on the Reducing Balance
- Flexible Collateral Requirements
- Covers Tuition and Fees
- Books & Materials
- Transportation and Personal Expenses
How to Apply:
- Copy of Valid Photo ID (Social Security Card, Passport)
- Certificates, Diplomas and Transcripts
- Letter of Acceptance from School including details and cost of Course.
- Particulars on Security
- Evidence of client’s contribution including school grants. scholarship etc.
- Student must be 16 years of Age. Those under 18 require parent or guardian to apply.
- All applications must be accompanied by a letter of recommendation for a teacher or a letter from a credible organization (4H Club, Belize Youth Movement etc.)
What really caught my attention was that it covered my living expense and rent. It made me comfortable leaving away from home.