For Homes, Business and Agriculture! Access 100% financing to generate your own power and reduce or cut your electricity bill. DFC’s Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (RE/EE) 6% loans makes you SAVE MONEY over the life of your investment. The investment pays for itself! Find out how much money you’re wasting and could actually be SAVING! Start today!
How to access RE/EE financing
- Contact a Green Energy Service Provider – They will produce an Energy Walk Through Report or Energy Audit which assesses the energy needs of your Business or Home. The Report also lets you know the period of time your investment will pay back for itself and shows the estimated SAVINGS you’ll achieve based on the life of your RE/EE Equipment. See here for a List of Green Energy Service Providers in Belize.
- Provide us with your Cost Estimate: Your cost estimate shows the cost of the equipment needed and the cost of service installation. This too is provided by your Green Energy Service Provider.
- Make sure you have the other requirements: Property documents, Proof of income, Valid photo IDs, Business documents (if a business or company) and Collateral (Flexible). See below for a detailed listing of requirements.
- Make an Appointment with DFC: Fill in our Online Enquiry Form to REQUEST an appointment. Once received, a DFC Representative from our Branch nearest you will contact you to set up an appointment or provide more information as needed.
- Loan Processing and Approval: After we have received all required documents and have met with you (Loan Application appointment) it takes approximately *4 weeks for review and possible approval.*May depend on Project size
Get RE/EE Loans for:
- Solar Panels & Solar Water Heating
- Rain Water Catchments & Water Recycling
- Air Conditioning / Refrigeration Equipment
- Low Flow Toilets and Faucets
- Solar Lighting & LED Lighting
- Cool Roofing
- Building Insulation, Insulated Windows
- Wind turbines
- Hydro Systems
- Alternative Fuels (Biogas, Bio Diesel etc.)
- Valid Photo ID – Social Security Card or Passport
- Energy Report or Audit (From Green Energy Service Provider)
- Cost Estimate (Cost for Equipment & Labor)
- Proof of Income (Employment Letter and 6 month Pay Slips)
- Income Statement (If Business or Self Employed)
- Proof of Property Ownership (Title)
- Security | Collateral: Flexible collateral accepted including Promissory note, Charge on Chattels, 3rd Party Guarantors, Real estate or a combination thereof.
- Company Documents: If a Company is borrowing: Certificate of Incorporation, Memorandum and Articles of Association, Resolution to Borrow, Certificate of Good Standing, Authorized Signatories
- ELIGIBILITY: Belizeans, Belizean Residents or Legal Entities w/Belizean Majority Shareholding are eligible to borrow.
- Borrow up to $300,000
- 100% Financing
- Interest rate up to 6%
- Interest is on the Reducing Balance
- Payback period up to 22 years
- Grace Period not to exceed 1 year.
- Loan Repayments from SAVINGS generated by the RE/EE Technology.
- Rehabilitation of existing buildings aiming at increasing Energy Efficiency but not limited to lighting, air condition, hot water heating, building envelope (windows, roof insulation)
- Renewable Energy and resource efficiency technologies such as photovoltaic (solar panels), solar water heaters and solar dryers
- Improvement or replacement of production equipment increasing energy efficiency including but not limited to chillers, refrigeration equipment, boilers, air compressors
- Purchasing and installation of equipment, auxiliary equipment, and materials
- Transportation costs, demolition costs, import taxes and duties and any value added tax associated with these costs.
- Cost of works necessary for installing and operating equipment such as equipment foundations, gas pipelines
- Fees for energy audit, project development, engineering design and supervision
Solar PV Installations in Belize
Businesses across Belize are investing in Renewable Technologies.
The Map above illustrates Solar PV systems which ONLY one Green Energy Service Provider has installed in Belize.
Isn’t it time your business START SAVING MONEY by investing in Renewable Energy Technologies?