DFC sells foreclosed properties via Sealed Bid offers and Public Auction.
No. DFC does not provide pricing or a starting bid price for foreclosed properties.
DFC advises persons interested in foreclosed properties to seek the services of a qualified Property Appraiser or Building Contractor in order to determine and recommend a Bid value.
Property Appraisers or contractors should visit the DFC property of interest in order to make the best assessment possible.
All bids must be submitted in a sealed envelope addressed to:
Ms. Sandra Hernandez
Manager, Credit Administration and Loans Recovery
Development Finance Corporation
P. O. Box 40
Bliss Parade, City of Belmopan
OR You can Submit your Bill Online here:
Select the option ‘Foreclosures’
Belize C. A.
All bid offers should include:
- Full Name
- Contact number(s)
- Email Address
- Details for property of interest
- BEST offer
- Evidence that closing costs can be met
- If cash purchase or DFC Financing [available]
- If DFC Financing requested: Evidence that DFC Home Financing
- DFC offers financing (95%)
- Ensure your BID letter states if your offer is ‘Cash’ OR if you would ‘Like DFC financing.’
- Five (5%) of the purchase price must be met by the buyer on the day of the auction. There will be closing costs.
- Kindly note that once the property is purchased ‘Cash’, ten (10%) of the purchase price must be met by the buyer on the day of the auction
- Ensure to visit the property to know what it is you are buying.
- Eligibility Criteria & Requirements can be met.
DFC will contact you after we have received your bid.
If property is occupied, interior viewing is dependent solely on the occupant. If property is unoccupied, you may be able to make arrangements for viewing.
IMPORTANT: DFC urges all interested parties to view property(ies) BEFORE purchasing. It is the SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE BUYER to ensure their proper viewing and understanding of the property they are interested in acquiring.
Yes, you may be able to secure financing for purchasing and/or improvement to a foreclosed property, subject to DFC’s Residential Financing eligibility requirements.
Auctions are published in Belize’s 2 major newspapers, and you can visit DFC’s Foreclosure page to check if there are any upcoming auctions.
All Foreclosed DFC properties are sold ‘AS IS’. It is the SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE BUYER to ensure that they are fully aware of all property details and conditions prior to purchasing.