The Belize Chamber of Commerce and Industry (BCCI) is the largest private sector membership based organization in Belize. Founded in 1920, the Chamber has been consistently championing the causes of its private sector constituency and considers among its primary objectives the social and economic development of Belize through the development of all sectors of industry and commerce. Additionally, since 1997, the Chamber is the only recognized “Employers Organization” in Belize under the International Labour Organization’s (ILO) tri-partite social partnership. Currently, the BCCI boasts a fluctuating membership of more than three hundred (300) Belizean businesses from a wide cross-section of the agricultural, productive, service and industrial sectors.
The BCCI’s mandate is legally enshrined in Chapter 308 of the Laws of Belize under the Belize Chamber of Commerce & Industry Act. Directed by an elected twelve member Executive Council (EC) derived from the general membership, the Chamber has a full-time administrative staff of seventeen who create, implement and monitor the programs of the Chamber and its “for profit” subsidiary units.
As the voice of the business community, we are the country’s leading advocate for private enterprise, promoting economic vitality and quality of life in Belize.
To contribute to the sustainable development of Belize through effective representation of the business community.
Triple C Philosophy:
In 2010, BCCI adopted its Triple C Philosophy: To Connect, Capacitate, Champion. We Connect by making meaningful networking and connections between members nationally, regionally and internationally. We Capacitate by strengthening skills, abilities and processes that organizations need to adapt and thrive in a rapidly changing world. On behalf of our members, we Champion their issues to encourage a healthy business environment. As a member of the BCCI, you will be provided with the opportunity to make an impact on critical business and community issues.
WHAT BCCI OFFERS YOUR BUSINESS:
- Access to the largest business network, strongest and most active business advocacy organization in Belize
- Connect you to leaders and policymakers that shape the business environment
- Provide valuable savings and discounts on business services
- We keep you informed of business news and information that can help keep your business sustainable
- Mediation Service – Promote better employer and employee relations
- Trainings/Workshops – Capacitate and keep workforce up to date with the right skills and capabilities
- Reasonable and Affordable Life and Health Insurance for small businesses
- Opportunity to Participate in local, regional and international Expo, Import and Export Trade Mission – expand products and services to other markets and grow your business
- Make Informed decisions through access to the Complaint Information System – obtain bad debt information submitted by private and public sector against consumers
- Business Exposure
- Better Your Know How
- Grow Your Business Potential
- Advertising Opportunities
- Access to Membership Discount Card
- Access to the Printing of data cards
Become a Member today!
For more information on the BCCI , visit our website at www.belize.org
or call our office at 223-5330 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org