Belmopan, January 3, 2024.
The Development Finance Corporation proudly announces its recent recognition with the Gender Equality and Diversity Seal in the Workplace from the National Women’s Commission and the United Nations Population Fund on December 15th, 2023.
DFC’s Strategic Development Plan, Building Resilience against Climate Change and Economic Volatility,” underscores the importance of initiatives in gender mainstreaming, climate resiliency, and innovative product development. As a result, the DFC developed a Gender Equality and Action Plan (GEPAP) to solidify its commitment further and outline its approach to promoting gender equality and the priority actions to be implemented.
This esteemed award signifies DFC’s unwavering commitment to promoting gender equality and diversity within its corporate values and business practices.
Having served Belize for over six decades, DFC acknowledges the significance of fostering an inclusive workplace environment. The commitment to gender equality and diversity is integral to several key aspects:
- Access to Diverse Talents and Skills: DFC aims to expand access to diverse talents and skills, contributing to the organization’s endeavors.
- Enhanced Productivity and Competitiveness: By embracing diversity, DFC anticipates improved productivity, competitiveness, and profitability, with potential benefits such as reduced absenteeism and staff turnover.
- Corporate Social Responsibility: DFC sees gender equality and diversity as part of its corporate social responsibility, aligning with international human rights commitments.
- Modeling Inclusive Behavior: DFC strives to model behavior within the company that reflects a just, equitable, and inclusive society for employees, citizens, and families.
- Fostering Economic and Social Conditions: The organization is committed to fostering equal access to resources and opportunities for everyone, irrespective of gender.
- Contributions to Sustainable Development: DFC recognizes its role in contributing to sustainable human and national development in Belize.
The Gender Equality and Diversity Seal Platform for Belize guides workplace, marketplace, and community actions. DFC encourages other business leaders to join this initiative, emphasizing the collective empowerment of women and the benefits it brings to companies and societies.
The National Women’s Commission states, “This initiative marks a significant milestone in fostering equality and diversity within organizations in Belize.” During the launch, DFC signed a commitment statement expressing its dedication to advancing gender equality and diversity as integral to its corporate values and business practices.”
DFC is proud to be at the forefront of initiatives that contribute to closing gender-based gaps in access to financial services, labor market participation, and business leadership. The organization remains dedicated to achieving its mission and actively promoting gender equality.
For more information:
Mrs. Shanelle Reneau
Chief Lending Officer / Gender Champion
(501) 822-2350 / 2360