The Development Finance Corporation (DFC) is Belize’s only Development Bank. Our Board of Directors and Staff are strongly committed to our mandate to provide development financing and related services which contribute to the sustainable growth of the Belizean economy, and to our vision of transforming DFC into a world-class financial institution.
The Compliance Officer will work with the Assistant General Manager (AGM) Risk and Executive Management to develop, implement and maintain a robust compliance framework including regulatory, Anti-Money Laundering and Combating the Financing of Terrorism (AML/CFT) and funding agencies’ terms and conditions compliance programs.
The vacancy is at the DFC’s Headquarter office in Belmopan.
Download Job Ad here:
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Banking or other related quantitative field.
- Five years of successful experience in the financial services industry as a Compliance Officer or Auditor, with in-depth knowledge of regulatory requirements and the law and practice of money laundering.
- Proven experience in drafting, interpretation and implementation of policies and procedures in the field of work., and contribute to decision-making at the Management level.
- Knowledge of DFC’s role as a development bank and its contribution to national economic development will be an asset.
- Familiarity with industry practices and professional standards.
- Dynamic, competent, proactive, goal-oriented, detail-oriented and excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Superior communication skills – written, verbal, and inter-personal. The incumbent must display a positive attitude and the ability to interact professionally and effectively with members of the Board of Directors, employees at all levels, and external stakeholders including high-level executives with IFIs, government agencies, and other local and international agencies.
- Mature and independent in judgment, and able to deal with sensitive and confidential matters and situations with a high level of discretion, diplomacy and tact, and work effectively under pressure.
- Conviction to stand by difficult decisions and be more influenced by policies and procedures. Willing to take the lead in setting the tone for corporate integrity.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; and familiar with new channels used for mass communication.
- An accreditation with an International Certification Program in Compliance would be an asset.
- Develop, implement and maintain internal systems, policies and controls for effective regulatory, AML/CFT and funding agencies’ terms and conditions compliance programs.
- Investigate reports of violation of rules, regulations, policies and procedures and develop and oversee a system for uniform handling of such violations.
- Ensures proper reporting of violations or potential violations internally or externally to duly authorized enforcement agencies as appropriate and/or required.
- Act as the liaison between the Corporation and regulatory, supervisory and other competent authorities and funding agencies in matters relating to regulatory, AML/CFT or funding agencies’ terms and conditions compliance.
- Provides reports to the Board and Senior Management on the operation and progress of compliance efforts.
- Build risk awareness amongst employees by providing support and training to employees on regulations and industry practices-as it relates to compliance risk
- Contribute to the creation of business continuity plans to limit risks.
- Contribute to the Human Resources Management Function of the Corporation by fostering an employee-oriented company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement and high performance.
- To represent DFC locally and internationally on AML/CFT related matters.
SALARY & ATTRACTIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE:
Salary is negotiable based on established Salary Scale. The DFC offers an attractive benefits package which includes, comprehensive Group Health and Life Insurance coverage, participation in a Contributory Retirement Savings Plan, and other fringe benefits.
Submit an Application Package which references the position title, and includes a Letter of Application, Curriculum Vitae, a copy of most your recent qualification, a copy of your Social Security Card and three (3) Letters of References (no older than six months) – two of which must be professional references – to:
Human Resources and General Affairs
Development Finance Corporation
P.O. Box 40, Belmopan
RE: APPLICATION FOR VACANCY
Submission & Deadline
Applications may be submitted electronically by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org and followed by the original copy via mail.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS 5 p.m. Friday, January 4, 2019