The Development Finance Corporation (DFC) is Belize’s only Development Bank. Our Board of Directors and Staff are strongly committed to our mandate to provide development financing and related services which contribute to the sustainable growth of the Belizean economy, and to our vision of transforming DFC into a world-class financial institution.
The Enterprise Risk Manager works closely with, and provides oversight to multiple functional areas for the Risk Management & Compliance Division. He/she is responsible to create, develop, and deliver the change management strategy necessary to adopt and maintain a robust Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) programme across the organization. He/she is responsible for the oversight and mentorship of Risk Owners across the organization motivating a healthy risk-awareness culture.
DOWNLOAD JOB DESCRIPTION
DUTY STATION – Belmopan
Qualifications & Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Risk Management, Finance or related field.
- At least three to five years of managerial experience in enterprise risk management or credit risk, preferably in a financial institution.
- Experience in loan underwriting/credit appraisal.
- Financial Risk Management/Operational Risk Certification would be an asset.
- Assist in the establishment and continuous improvement of the ERM Framework, processes, and efforts across the organization
- Manage the relationship and interfaces with multiple functional units by acting as a liaison with Senior Management and Risk Owners.
- Prepare, develop and deliver training and communication strategies to promote risk awareness and establish a healthy risk culture.
- Reviews, monitors and reports on risk assessments, risk metrics (KRIs), risk events, loss events, and other risk-related activities and provides recommendations and guidance where necessary.
- Assist the Lending Operations team to ensure that credit risk indicators and early warning signs of credit delinquency are monitored proactively, and that recommendations for actions to be taken to remedy the situation are made and acted upon.
- Assists in the proactive identification of emerging risks, develop and implement risk mitigation strategies and action plans.
- Check for credit viability on requests for loan rescheduling and evaluate various adjustments or exception documents.
- Support the Lending Operations team to maintain bad debt and bad debt recovery exposures to within acceptable risk appetite levels.
- Support the Lending Operations team, in negotiating work out plans and strategies for delinquent customers.
- Contribute to the People Operations functions of the Corporation by always leading by example and fostering a high-performance company culture that emphasizes customer focus, quality, continuous improvement and learning.
- Inspires and fosters team commitment, spirit, pride, and trust. Facilitates cooperation and motivates team members to accomplish corporate goals and objectives.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, benchmarking best practices and participate in professional societies.
Required Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including identifying needs, developing action plans, providing training needs, and identifying deliverables.
- Knowledge of DFC’s role as a development bank and its contribution to national economic development.
- Knowledge and understanding on the fundamentals of Enterprise Risk Management.
- Strong understanding of the anatomy of Operational and IT risks.
- Demonstrated financial acumen to analyze data and make insightful, proactive recommendations to address risks.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical, negotiation and decision-making skills.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Able to maintain a high level of confidentiality and ethical behaviour.
Application Package in one PDF file must include the following:
- Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of most recent qualification
- Three (3) Letters of References (no older than six months) – two of which must be professional references
- Copy of Social Security Card
The successful candidate will be required to provide a Police Report as part of the Background Check.
SUBMIT COMPLETE APPLICATION PACKAGE APPLICATION FOR CAREER OPPORTUNITY – “ENTERPRISE RISK MANAGER” TO:
Development Finance Corporation
P.O. Box 40, Belmopan
RE: APPLICATION FOR CAREER OPPORTUNITY – RELATIONSHIP OFFICER
February 6, 2024